Since humanoid robot has many degree of freedom(DOF) and many branches like arms and legs so in most cases humanoid robot is under-actuation. Consequently a general control methodology that integrates various whole body behaviors into a single dynamically compensated control structure.
Whole-body control framework has some characteristics such as
- Control robot with under-actuation.
- Torque control with calculating inverse dynamics.
- Control robot with multi-contact state.
- Can control multi-tasks.
- Floating base control is possible with concept of virtual joints.
- Compliant control with torque control.
In our Lab. we are using whole-body control framework to control humanoid robot.